India’s drubbing victory in Cape Town has created a clear daylight between them and the struggling Proteas side as the visitors now lead 3-0 in the ODI series.
There have been many talks about the Indian team after their defeats in the first two tests, most have been negative. But since then Virat Kohli and his team have turned the things around and now have won back to back four matches in all formats. So far the away side are looking terrific and they have been led by their flamboyant and brilliant skipper Virat Kohli, but other players have taken their part as well in the winning streak.
Today we shall look at some of the facts and numbers that has been so far created in these first three matches-
- 21– The number of wickets Indian spinners have taken this series against South Africa, already most by them in any bilateral series in SA.
- 400– MS Dhoni completed his 400th dismissal as India wicket keeper, that consists 294 catches and 106 stumpings.
- 12– Virat Kohli scored his 12th ODI hundred as Indian captain in only 43 innings, and surpassed Sourav Ganguly’s 11 hundreds who got that in 142 innings.Embed from Getty Images
Kohli en route to his hundred in Cape Town
- 12.10– Rohit Sharma’s average in South Africa, which by the way also is the worst by an Indian batsman in South Africa.
- 4/23– Kuldeep Yadav’s bowling figures which also is his best bowing display in ODIs.Embed from Getty Images
- This is the first time in history that South Africa have lost the first three ODIs in any bilateral series in their own country.Embed from Getty Images
- India won by 124 runs which is their biggest win against the Proteas in their own backyard.
- South Africa suffered their heaviest defeat in Cape Town, which happens to be their most successful venue in the country.
- India now are close to win a bilateral series in South Africa for the very first time.
- Aiden Markram captained his country only on his 6th ODI.