The Europa League last 32 draw was taken place on Monday at Nyon and there are some big names in this season’s Europa League knock out stage.
Arsenal, Borussia Dortmund, Arletico Madrid, AC Milan, Napoli, Lyon, Marseille are the big names that will take part in the last 32 of the Europa League. The new home of French side Lyon, Stade de Lyon will also host the final next year.
The top 12 finishers of the Europa League group stages were seeded along with the 4 top ranked 3rd placed finishers of the Champions League. Subsequently the runners up teams of groups and the 4 bottom ranked Champions League 3rd place holders are the unseeded ones.
Eric Abidal was present to commence the draw.
The last 32 matches will be played on 15th and 22nd February.
- Arsenal are up against Swedish side Ostersunds FK who are managed by Englishman Graham Potter.
- Borussia Dortmund lock horns against Atalanta while Italian giants and current Serie A league leaders Napoli are against German side RB Leipzig in their last 32 tie.
- Zenit will play Brendan Rodgers’ Celtic, whose entry means that Europa League this season has representatives from 30 countries.
- Another high voltage match will be Lyon vs Villareal, while Atletico Madrid will have to travel to cold Denmark to face FC Kobenhavn.
- Both the Belgrade sides are in this season’s Europa League last 32 round and the Red Star and Partizan will face CSKA Moscow and Victoria Plzen respectively.
Full List of Ties:
Borussia Dortmund v Atalanta
Nice v Lokomotiv Moscow
FC Copenhagen v Atletico Madrid
Spartak Moscow v Athletic Bilbao
AEK Athens v Dynamo Kiev
Celtic v Zenit St Petersburg
Napoli v RB Leipzig
Red Star Belgrade v CSKA Moscow
Lyon v Villarreal
Real Sociedad v Red Bull Salzburg
Partizan Belgrade v Viktoria Plzen
Steaua Bucharest v Lazio
Ludogorets v AC Milan
Astana v Sporting Lisbon
FK Ostersunds v Arsenal
Marseille v Braga
*Teams second will play the second leg at home.