Arsenal battered Tottenham in the North London Derby, the scoreline of 2-0 doesn’t really reflect the real scenario as the Gunners were by far the superior side.
Mustafi and Sanchez scored in the last ten minutes of the first half and that was enough for Arsenal, to see through a hapless Spurs side who never really threatened in the whole game.
Here are the 5 things we have learned from Arsenal’s comprehensive performance on Saturday in the North London Derby-
- Mustafi has been immense:Shkodran Mustafi put up a Man of the Match performance and the German was barely fit enough to play and only got a late clearance to feature in the game since his injury last month. He was terrific the whole game and nullified the threat of Kane and Alli. He won the balls, won headers and blocked important shots, but most importantly scored the pivotal opening goal for Arsenal.
Elated Mustafi with teammates after the goal
Wenger can be really proud of the former Valenica man’s performance and Mustafi himself will eye an extended run in the team.
- Spurs defense are in totters:
Tottenham missed their key defender Toby Alderweireld, but still they had the likes of Vertonghen and new signing Davinson Sanchez among the back three. But the Spurs defense was exposed big time at Emirates as Arsenal players got enough space to expose them and go behind. Sanchez, Ozil and Lacazette were comfortable and the marking was invisible when Mustafi opened the scoring.
- Ozil and Sanchez answered the doubters:Often the things are said that Ozil and Sanchez both don’t turn up in the crunch games. But the Chilean and German showed that their professionalism can’t be questioned even though they are on the verge of departure, as both of them were outstanding and gave their all.
Mesut Ozil ran the show
Ozil worked hard and showed his magic while going forward, and Alexis Sanchez scored the second goal of the game to give Arsenal a comfortable cushion. Ozil ran the show and left the game with standing ovation and fans singing his name loud, he deservedly also was the Man of the Match.
El Nino Maravilla back scoring
- Power shift is an illusion:There have been pundits and analyzers commenting the past week about a potential power shift in North London, as Spurs have taken the throne from Arsenal. But it was just left as a joke after the performance today, the Gunners have shown that all these power shift things are absurd as they are only just a point behind now after Spurs even though it is labeled that Spurs are having a terrific season why Arsenal are in disarray. Wenger’s men have got things right today and will aim to completely diminish the idea of power shift by the end of the season.
- Be consistent Arsenal, please:Now the thing Arsenal will have to be is consistent. A solitary North London Derby win can’t just define the season for them and the fans, Wenger himself will hope that the team can show the same intensity and desire next week at Burnley. One of the most important thing is consistency and if the Gunners can rope that in, something may still be in the offering for them come at the end of the season.