Liverpool might have secured two back to back wins at Anfield, but their away run is a concern for Jurgen Klopp and the Liverpool boss is cautious ahead of their trip to London Stadium to contest struggling West Ham United particularly after a disastrous 4-1 away defeat against Tottenham Hotspur at Wembley Stadium.
West Ham United vs Liverpool Injuries And Suspensions:
The Hammers have four injury absentees. Michail Antonio is ruled out with an abdominal injury. Right-back Sam Byram is unavailable due to a thigh strain whereas James Collins and Jose Fonte, their defensive duo are set to miss the clash with ankle injuries. Pablo Zabaleta also joins the list of absentees but for receiving his fifth yellow of the season against Crystal Palace. But Slaven Bilic, the West Ham gaffer, has a couple of major boosts as Aaron Cresswell and Winston Reid are fit again and trained normally yesterday.
Liverpool will miss Philippe Coutinho with a groin strain. Nathaniel Clyne has suffered a setback and Klopp is unsure about his return date. Young custodian Danny Ward is unavailable too with a lower back injury. Dejan Lovren and Georginio Wijnaldum are uncertain for the trip and will undergo a late fitness test before selection. Adam Lallana is improving from a long-term thigh strain and is set to back in full training next week during international break. But Sadio Mane is reportedly fit again after sustaining a hamstring injury during the last international break and might be available for selection against the Irons.
West Ham United vs Liverpool Probable Lineups:
Subs: Adrian, Declan Rice, Pedro Obiang, Marko Arnautovic, Andy Carroll, Sead Hakšabanović, Domingos Quina.
Subs: Loris Karius, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Dominic Solanke, Andrew Robertson, Marko Grujic, Sadio Mane.
West Ham United vs Liverpool Last Meeting:
Their last meeting at London Stadium ended in an emphatic 4-0 win for the visitors. Daniel Sturridge broke the deadlock in the first half, Philippe Coutinho scored twice in quick succession before Divock Origi made it 4-0 late in the second half.
West Ham United vs Liverpool Key Players:
West Ham might have several defensive absentees but they have an in-form Andre Ayew upfront along with hitman Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernandez. Manuel Lanzini will be a threat to with his attacking flair and smart movements.
Liverpool will rely on their Egyptian wingman Mohamed Salah who has already netted 10 times for his new employers in 16 games. The likes of Daniel Sturridge and Roberto Firmino are expected to find the back of the net whereas Sadio Mane will have a late impact if he is selected in the traveling squad.
West Ham United vs Liverpool Managers Speak:
“Of course, if you have a good transition and players in the right position you can hurt them.” – Slaven Bilic
“I’m not sure they’re really struggling. They were really good against Tottenham. They will be highly motivated.” – Jurgen Klopp
West Ham United vs Liverpool Match Facts:
- None of the last 12 Premier League meetings in east London have been drawn – West Ham have four victories and Liverpool eight since a 1-1 draw in December 2001.
- The Merseysiders won 4-0 at the London Stadium in May, their biggest league victory away to West Ham since January 1976.
- Liverpool have lost three of their last six Premier League games against the Hammers (W2, D1) – as many defeats as in the previous 25 meetings.
West Ham United
- Defeat would leave the Hammers with nine points. The last time they had fewer than 10 points after 11 league games was in 2010-11, a season which saw them relegated from the top flight.
- Seven of West Ham’s nine Premier League wins at the London Stadium have been by 1-0 scorelines.
- They have conceded four Premier League penalties this season (all scored) – no other side has given away more than two.
- Andre Ayew has scored three goals in his last two games in all competitions for West Ham – more than he had managed in his previous 10 appearances this season.
- All 41 of Javier Hernandez’s Premier League goals have been scored from inside the penalty area.
- Joe Hart has conceded 29 goals in 17 Premier League games against Liverpool during his career; five more than against any other side.
- The Reds could win back-to-back league games for the first time since August. Those victories (against Crystal Palace and Arsenal) are also the last time they kept consecutive clean sheets in the top flight.
- All but one of the 16 league goals Liverpool have conceded this season have come away from home – the highest tally in the top flight.
- The last time they conceded more goals in their opening five away league games was in 1953-54, a season which ended in relegation.
- Daniel Sturridge has scored five goals in seven league appearances against West Ham.
- Sturridge is two short of 50 Premier League goals for Liverpool. He can become the seventh player to reach the milestone, after Robbie Fowler, Steven Gerrard, Michael Owen, Luis Suarez, Fernando Torres and Dirk Kuyt.
- Source: BBC Sport
- West Ham United vs Liverpool Current Form (In All Competitions):
- West Ham United: D-W-L-D-W
- Liverpool: W-W-L-W-D
- West Ham United vs Liverpool Betting Odds ( Subject to Change):
- West Ham United: 333/100
- Draw: 29/10
- Liverpool: 18/25
- West Ham United vs Liverpool Live Streaming:
- The game is scheduled on Saturday from 11:00 p.m. IST and will be telecast on Star Sports Select 1 and Star Sports Select HD1 for Indian viewers. However, for online streaming links, send us a message to our official Facebook page.