Olivier Giroud netted his 100th goal for Arsenal in an Europa League clash against BATE Borisov and doing that the Frenchman became only the 19th Arsenal player to achieve the remarkable feat.
Giroud joined Arsenal in 2012 and has been one of the most underrated players at Arsenal. He has often been criticized for his game by Arsenal fans, but his statistics and his record speak for his immense volume. The former Montpellier striker has thus been a great success at North London and his passion and love for the club is also admirable.
The Frenchman joined Arsenal in 2012 after the departure of Van Persie
Giroud took 237 appearances to score his 100 goals, which is faster than the likes of Dennis Bergkamp and former Arsenal captain Robin Van Persie.
“Yes, I’m very proud of that,” Giroud said. “It’s been a few weeks.
“To be honest with you I was expecting this goal, but sometimes you shoot without looking at the goal and it goes in, while sometimes you are struggling a little more with bad luck or misfortune.
“I’m glad and I’m happy for myself and hopefully more will come.”
- Giroud is the 19th Arsenal player to score 100 goals for the club.
- The France International scored his first goal for Arsenal in a EFL Cup tie against Coventry City.
- Giroud’s first Premier League goal was against West Ham United in 2012, Arsenal won the match 3-1 at Boleyn Ground.
- Giroud scored his first home Premier League goals in a 3-3 draw against Fulham.
- He netted his first Champions League goal against Schalke.
- Giroud scored his first goal at home in the Champions League against Napoli in 2013.
- Olivier scored a scorpion kick in 2017 against Crystal Palace, that has won him the FIFA
- Giroud scored his 50th Arsenal goal in an away trip to Selhurst Park against Crystal Palace in February, 2015.
Giroud has won three FA Cups with Arsenal
- Olivier has scored 70 goals in the Premier League, 13 in the Champions League, 2 in the League Cup, 13 in FA Cup, 2 in Europa League and 1 in Community Shield to complete his current 101 goals tally with Arsenal.
- Out of his 101 goals, he has scored almost in a similar number in the venue of the matches. He has been as efficient in away fixtures as the home ones.Home Goals: 50
Away Goals: 49
Neutral Goals: 2
- Olivier Giroud goal scoring record by seasons:2012/13 – 17
2013/14 – 22
2014/15 – 19
2015/16 – 24
2016/17 – 16
2017/18 – 3 (So far)Embed from Getty Images
Giroud celebrating a goal in Champions League
- Giroud has been one of the players who likes to score late and thus saves his team. He has scored 29 goals in the last 15 minutes of the game, that is almost 30% of his goals he has scored late. He has netted 58 goals in total in the second half compared to 43 goals in the 1st half.
- Among his 70 Premier League goals, Giroudhas netted 38 times with his left foot while a staggering 26 goals have come from headers, the remaining 6 has been scored by his right foot.
- Arsenal have won 78% of the matches in which Giroud has scored. Along with that the Frenchman has netted 33 match winning goals for the Gunners.