48 teams were allocated to their respective 12 groups as Europa League group stage draw took place in Monaco earlier today. The second tier continental club tournament promises to be another success this term as there are some top clubs in display.
Henrik Larsson and Eric Abidal was in duty of the draws as the Frenchman is also the brand ambassador for this season’s final which will be hosted by Parc Olympique Lyonnais.
- Arsenal was the best seeded team in the draw and the Gunners managed to be drawn in Group H with FC Koln, Red Star Belgrade and Bate Borisov.
- Another Premier League side Everton had a tougher draw as they will be facing Lyon, Atalanta and Apollon Limassol.
Red Star Belgrade players after their play off win
- Macedonia’s club FC Vardar, who beat Fenerbahce in the play offs managed to get Zenit, Real Sociedad and Rosenborg in Group L.
- The Gunners return to the Europa League group stage after twenty years in the Champions League.
- Zlin, Basaksehir, Ostersund, Lugano and Vitesse also make their first apperance in the tournament.