Arsene Wenger completed his 200th game as a manger in the European Competitions on Tuesday night when his team faced Basel. He has achieved this prestigious landmark on the eve of his team making it to the knock out stages of the Champions League for some 15 years in a row, which depicts the magnitude of both Arsene Wenger and his Arsenal.
Today we shall take a look at some stats of his 200 games that he has managed in Europe.
- Among the 99 home games, the Gunners have won 64 of them while scoring 198 goals. They have just lost 15 games at home in the European Competitions.
- In the away section, the performance is still quite impressive as Arsenal have managed to win 38 of their 99 away games. They have scored 132 goals in those matches and conceded 127 goals.
- Arsene Wenger has been in two European Cup finals with Arsenal, sadly he has lost both of them. Arsenal lost in the 2000 UEFA Cup final in a shootout against Galatasaray. The Gunners also failed to win in the Champions League final when they reached in 2006, against Barcelona this time.
- The most common scoreline in Arsenal’s matches has been 2-0, as the Gunners have managed to win with this scoreline for 23 times in Arsene’s tenure.
- With the beautiful game Arsenal play under Wenger, it’s hard not to score. Arsenal have just been involved in 17 games where both the teams have failed to break the deadlock.
- The most goals under Arsene Wenger in the European Competitions have been scored by Thierry Henry with 23 goals, while Van Persie is second with 21 goals and Fabregas third with 18 goals. Theo Walcott has scored 17 goals in Europe for Arsenal, most inthe current squad under Wenger.
- The most common opponents for the Londoners has been Bayern Munchen as the teams have met 23 times, followed by Barcelona. No doubt Arsenal fans want a better draw this time around.
- This season Arsenal finished top of their own group, something that they achieved for the first time since 2011-12 season.