Yet another fascinating Formula One season ends with another classic series of Motor racing performances and in the end it is Nico Rosberg who has eclipsed his teammate Lewis Hamilton to win this season’s driver’s championship. Equipped with two of the best drivers, it is Mercedes who are Constructor’s Champions this season.
The final race of the Formula One season was on Sunday at Abu Dhabi and two team mates had an eye to win the individual silverware, with Lewis Hamilton on 355 and Nico Rosberg on 367 points. In the end the German has won the championship by 5 points as he finished in the 2nd spot in the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix and Hamilton won the race.
Formula One Driver Standings: (Top 10)
- Nico Rosberg (Mercedes) 385 pts
- Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) 380 pts
- Daniel Ricciardo (Red Bull) 256 pts
- Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari) 212 pts
- Max Verstappen (Red Bull) 204 pts
- Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari) 186 pts
- Sergio Perez (Force India) 101 pts
- Valtteri Bottas (Williams) 85 pts
- Nico Hulkenberg (ForceIndia) 72 pts
- Fernando Alonso (Mclaren) 54 pts
Formula One Facts and Stats:
- In the 21 rounds of the season, the Champion Nico Rosberg won 9 races while Lewis Hamilton won 10 of them. Daniel Ricciardo and Max Verstappen were the other two players won won the race in this season.
- Force India’s Sergio Perez helped the team to finish 4th in Constructor’s championship, the Mexican had a podium finish twice in the season. Nico Hulkenberg also played his part and finished 9th in driver’s ranking, behind Perez’s 7th position.
- Former Champion Sebastian Vettel couldn’t win a single race this season.
- Mercedes won the Constructor’s Championship with a massive 765 points while the runners up were Red Bull with 468 points. Ferrari and Force India were 3rd and 4th respectively.
- Fernando Alonso was ruled out of the Bahrain Grand Prix as a precaution after medical exams following his collision with Esteban Gutierrez in Australia revealed that he had broken ribs and a pneumothorax injury.
- Daniel Ricciardo took the first pole position of his Formula One career in the Monaco Grand Prix.
- It was the last season for Force India’s Nico Hulkenberg as he moves to Renault. His place will be taken by French driver Esteban Ocon.
- Felipe Massa retires from Formula 1 circuit as he bids adieu with a decent 11th position finish in this season.
To get more news from the Formula One, follow our Facebook page!
Photo by Jaffa The Cake