Daniel Crowley is another name of a promising prospect that is emerging from the Arsenal academy in the recent years. A midfielder by position, Daniel, also known as Dan, has been improving in Arsenal ranks and currently on loan with Oxford United.
Speaking of Daniel Crowley, he is a midfielder and an occasional winger with some astonishing attributes. Arsenal playing style suits his quality, as the young midfielder has very swift movement and quick passing abilities.
Dan joined Arsenal in the summer of 2013 for a fee around 1 million pounds from Aston Villa and regarded as one of the next big talents of English football. At Arsenal, he established himself as a regular in U-18 level and then impressed in the U-21 team as well. Arsene Wenger is also an admirer of the young playmaker and we may well see him in an Arsenal senior squad in near future. Currently he is doing well with Oxford United and has scored 2 goals for them in 5 league appearances.
Daniel Crowley Profile:
Birth Date: 3rd August 1997 (17)
Team: Oxford United, on loan from Arsenal
Position: CM, CAM and LW
- Crowley is a versatile player. He can play in the centre of midfield, a no. 10 role and also at the left wing. That gives the coach options and this versatile trait is something Arsene Wenger admires.
- He is a good passer and loves to take on players. He is a force going forward and setting up his team mates. In the UEFA youth league during Arsenal days, he had 5 assists in the competition. He loves playing the quick one-twos and also has the ability to deliver a killer pass, perfect for the midfield role. Also the drive through the middle is another commendable feature of his gameplay.
- Crowley has a natural instinct of cutting inside from the left wing and go for a blast. He is also lethal in front of goal and he has already showed that in his loan stint that he can score goals.
- One other key skill is Crowley’s free kick ability. On the edge area or just outside the box, he is more than capable of putting one in the back of the net. This ability is going to be very valuable, especially in an Arsenal team without a defined set piece specialist.
- Dan’s composure in the middle of the park and his vision is also something to admire. At a tender age of 19, he already has shown some moments of his immense vision in Arsenal’s youth games.
- Physicality is one of the things that Daniel Crowley has to improve to thrive well in the Premier League. He is a small frame and often gets dispossessed easily. His short stature may well be a hindrance for his improvement but his intelligence and technical quality do overshadow the frailties.
- His lack of hard working can also be a serious reason for his downfall. He is still a very young player and has to change his attitude.
In the most recent weeks Crowley seems to have started to fulfill all the potentials he had. He had a good youth career with Aston Villa and Arsenal. His loan move to Oxford has made him a tougher human being and now he knows that he has to work hard to reach his goals. Crowley has scored two in his last three and is flourishing in a central role. Notably, he is doing a superb job of combining with his team-mates and working hard for the side, something often missing from his game. So a right attitude and a proper guidance will take him to the right path and Arsenal supporters will be hoping for the very best with this extremely talented starlet, Daniel Crowley.
Photo by inkiboo