Hope you are ready to employ your managerial skills yet again. After an intense last week of UEFA Champions league group stage, we are back to our most favorite Premier League weekend. And here are all the news, injury updates and other suggestions for the fantasy premier league managers.
Everton will take a trip to Norwich in the curtain-raiser of the weekend. They will look forward to bounce back from their not-so-memorable outing against Crystal Palace. Manchester United will also try to get all three points this time. They drew level last week when they met West Ham. This time, they will be up against Bournemouth whose confidence are booming high after snatching a surprise victory against Chelsea. Manchester City and Swansea will face each other. Both the teams had a bad result last week, respectively against Stoke and Leicester. On Sunday, Arsenal and Liverpool are going to fight for straight wins against Aston Villa and West Brom respectively. Liverpool lost their last match 2-0, surprisingly against Newcastle. It will be worthwhile to see whether the Magpies can produce another inspiring performance against Tottenham. Finally, on Monday, Leicester City and Jamie Vardy will lock horns with Chelsea, who just won the last Champions League match convincingly.
Complete fixtures are given below for Fantasy Premier League managers.
Every week, fantasy Premier League managers have to worry about the injury and suspension issues. Here are the details about this.
- Chris Smalling (MUN) – Bad news for fantasy premier league managers! Arguably the best defender of this season picked up a muscle injury in their champions league clash against Wolfsburg.
- Matteo Darmian (MUN) – In addition to Smalling, Manchester United right back was also injured in the same match. He had to be substituted before the half-time.
- Vincent Kompany (MCI) – There is a slight possibility that the Manchester City defender might return this week or in the next week. However, the team is not defending well and so, in my opinion, best strategy for the fantasy Premier League managers is to sell him.
- Alexis Sanchez (ARS) – The Chilean midfielder will miss the fun once again. He is suffering from a hamstring injury. It is not sure whether he may return soon. Certainly a matter of concern for Fantasy Premier League managers who still have him.
- Manuel Lanzini (WHU) – After Dimitri Payet, West Ham United’s problems have further increased due to the injury of Manuel Lanzini. He has been an important player this season and will miss a consecutive second match this week. However, he may return to the squad after 2-3 weeks.
- Sergio Aguero (SOU) – This injury prone forward is once again troubling the fantasy premier league managers. A good news is that he may return next week. So, fantasy premier league managers still having them might consider keeping him in the squad.
- Wayne Rooney (MUN) – Manchester United captain missed his team’s last two fixtures. He is still injured. And given his form of late, it will be extremely bad decision not to let go of him.
- Others: Among other players who will be missing this week’s fixtures, there are Diafra Sakho (WHU), Steven Fletcher (SUN) and Wes Hoolahan (NOR).
Fantasy Premier League Captain:
Our predictions were spot on in the last few weeks. So, you might want to go with us this time too. Based on the fixtures, our picks for your fantasy Premier League captain are Romelu Lukaku, Mesut Ozil and Olivier Giroud. And if you want to take a risk, go with David de Gea or Philippe Coutinho!
Do you have any more Fantasy Premier League related question? Let us know in the comments below.
Photo by joncandy